Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My sister called me today. We talked for a while. We shared our thoughts on how people can't afford not to take advantage of the business opportunities that exist nowadays. Working for someone else for the rest of my life is my epitome of hell. I've never liked taking orders from people. I've even told my friends and family that, if I can help it, I will never work for someone else after college. Honestly, I go to school and get a degree. Wouldn't putting all that information to work be the logical thing to do? I can't think of a better way to that than to start something of my own.

In my Mass Media Research class we briefly went over a study on the average American millionaire. Here's an interesting excerpt from the results of that study
  • About one in five of us is retired. About two-thirds of us who are working are self-employed. Interestingly, self-employed people make up less than 20% of the workers in America but account for two-thirds of the millionaires. Also, three out of four of us who are self-employed consider ourselves to be entrepreneurs. Most of the others are self-employed professionals, such as doctors and accountants.
So I guess the point to all my rambling is this: the way I see it, it's not a lack of information that keeps us from being successful. We live in the Information Age for crying out loud. There hasn't ever been a time in earth's history when we've had more access to more information and answers as quickly as we do now. The only thing holding anyone back is the decision to put that knowledge to work.

K. I'll step down from the pulpit now. Go get 'em, tiger.

1 comment:

thinkHP said...

Well said.
Agreed.

Get me out of Corporate Hell
lol